The daily grind of life takes a toll on everyone. And each and every one of us despises this commonplace drudgery and constantly thinks of ways to overcome this overwhelming humdrum.
We all have our ideas of fun; some prefer the quietude of the mountains and for some, there’s nothing better than a solitude week at forsaken beaches and towns. And then there those dictated by the spirit of adventure.
Our beautiful country is endowed with numerous bounties and opportunities, completely friendly to tourists of all sorts; from vagabonds and families and hippies to adventure enthusiasts. From the sky-kissing Himalayas to rainforests to deserts to boundless coastlines, India offers everything to those who seek. Why not make the best of this opportunity?
Today, let’s check out some of the most popular Indian adventure destinations:
1. Bird Billing, Himachal Pradesh(Paragliding): Billing is a paradise for paragliding lovers. Encompassed by the ever so beautiful Dhauladhar range, Billing is the best Asian destination for paragliding. Also, it has the distinction of holding the first paragliding competition each year.
Apart from Paragliding, one can also to go for parasailing, hang gliding, trekking and camping.
2. Rishikesh, Uttarakhand: Although Rishikesh is a revered holy destination, it is also regarded as one of the best adventure destinations in India, simply for the sheer variety of adventure sports it offers. A magnet for adventure junkies, Rishikesh can be visited for white water rafting, cliff jumping, riverside camping, rappelling, rock climbing and bungee jumping. It has India’s highest bungee jumping podium with a height of 83 meters.
3. Manali, Himachal Pradesh: Another prominent destination in Himachal Pradesh, Manali is a wonderful hill station which is ideal for both nature lovers and those seeking adventure. Apart from the usual adventure activities like trekking and camping, Manali has one of the best trails for mountain biking.
4. Meghalaya: While not so common as compared to the rest of the sports, caving is as much thrilling as other sports mentioned in this list, if not any less. The state of Meghalaya is home to numerous caves, all of which are nestled among waterfalls for verdant forest trails.
5. Auli, Uttarakhand: High elevation and untouched beauty make Auli one of the best skiing destinations in India. Auli is perched in the higher reaches of Garhwal and lies about 250 km further of Rishikesh.
6. Goa: The party capital of India, Goa is among the most revered beach destinations in the world. Don’t tell me you’ve been to Goa and didn’t participate in any of the water sports. Offering water sports like jet-skiing, parasailing, and the newly launched flyboarding.
7. Mysore, Karnataka: Mysore is one of the only few places in India where one can choose to skydive. However, you aren’t allowed to dive alone, an instructor will accompany you.