Select’s editorial team works independently to review financial products and write articles we think our readers will find useful. We may receive a commission when you click on links for products from our affiliate partners.
Chase and United Airlines announced the release of a new co-branded credit card: the New United Quest℠ Card.
Loyal United flyers should take note that this card offers up to a 100,000-mile welcome bonus: New cardholders can earn 80,000 bonus miles after spending $5,000 on purchases within three months of account opening; plus, an additional 20,000 bonus miles after spending an additional $5,000 on purchases within six months of account opening. This means a $10,000 total spend in the first six months will get you 100,000 bonus miles.
Customers can earn both or either of these tiered bonuses.
The New United Quest Card also allows you to maximize the miles you earn for your spending on United purchases, travel, dining and select streaming services. Here’s a breakdown of all its rewards and benefits.
3X miles on United® purchases, 2X miles on travel, select streaming services, and at restaurants, 1X mile on all other purchases
Earn up to 100,000 miles: 80,000 bonus miles after spending $5,000 on purchases within three months of account opening; plus, an additional 20,000 bonus miles after spending $10,000 on purchases within the first six months of account opening (customers can earn both or either of these tiered bonuses)
N/A for purchases and balance transfers
16.49% to 23.49% variable on purchases and balance transfers
Balance transfer fee
Either $5 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
Foreign transaction fee
The New United Quest Card provides cardholders with elevated rewards on their spending — on top of the up to 100,000-mile welcome bonus. Here’s what you can expect to earn:
- 3X miles per $1 spent on United purchases
- 2X miles per $1 spent on all other travel, which includes other airfare, hotels, car rentals and more
- 2X miles per $1 spent at restaurants
- 2X miles per $1 spent on select streaming services
- 1X mile per $1 spent on all other eligible purchases
The New United Quest Card offers a suite of premium benefits that are helpful for loyal United Airlines travelers.
- Two 5,000-mile anniversary award flight credits: Automatically get 5,000 miles back in your MileagePlus account after you take a United or United Express-operated award flight booked with your miles — up to two times every anniversary year
- $125 annual United purchase credit: Automatically receive up to $125 in statement credits as reimbursements for United purchases charged to your card each account anniversary year
- Two free first and second checked bags on United flights for yourself and a companion (a savings of up to $280 per roundtrip)
- Up to $100 application fee credit for TSA PreCheck® or Global Entry every four years
- Up to 3,000 premier qualifying points (PQPs) per year toward Premier status eligibility (up to and including Premier 1K; nearly enough to get Silver cardmember status with the Premier program)
- 25% back on United in-flight purchases (includes Wi-Fi, food and beverages)
- No blackout dates when redeeming miles, so you can fly without travel date restrictions
- Priority boarding on United flights
- No foreign transaction fees
- Exclusive events with United Card Events and United MileagePlus events
- Exclusive cardmember benefits with the Luxury Hotel and Resort Collection
- Travel and purchase protection benefits
The New United Quest Card comes with a $250 annual fee.
Prospective cardholders should consider whether they can recoup the annual fee after using the card for one year. If they plan to take full advantage of the card benefits, then the New United Quest Card is a good choice for United loyalists.
Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or recommendations expressed in this article are those of the Select editorial staff’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any third party.