Street signs will always play a major role in the aesthetics and functions of the residential community. The main goal of these signs is to reinforce the brand of the community, guide the motorists to intended destination, reduce any kind of traffic related accident and increase the property values as well.
Whether you are playing the role of a property manager, member of the homeowners association or even a developer, you have to select the right personalized street signs for your community. The customized signs will cost you a bit more than the standard ones. But, you can always choose the best team of experts for quality help with the choices around here to make.
Focusing on the MUTCD compliance over here:
MUTCD is the abbreviated form of Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices. It is always vital for your chosen street signs to be in compliant with Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices and for good reasons.
- This rule was mainly published in 1971 by the Federal Highway Administration and later has been updated multiple times.
- The MUTCD consists of standards, associated with the installation and proper use of the street signs along with the other traffic controlling devices.
- The main aim of MUTCD is to be sure that traffic control devices will provide the best level of road safety possible.
- For procuring the same result, it is always mandatory for you to install the street signs at proper heights.
- Those signs should be mostly mounted on the breakaway pole and some more for the best height needed to keep accidents and other road-related issues at bay.
Using the long-lasting and durable materials for the same:
The materials that are used for manufacturing the customized street signs need to be durable for a long lasting working ability. For example, wooden signs will have shorter lifespan when compared to the aluminum street signs.
- Mainly because of the inexpensive materials, most of the developers mainly assume that PVC or the wooden signs are the most cost-effective ones among the community.
- But, these options will gradually force you to spend more in the long run, especially to maintain its working ability for sure.
- You will be forced to repair or replace these signs with new counterparts within a short span of time, which results in extra bit of costing for sure.
- For avoiding such a headache and getting the most value for your money, you need to choose signs, which are made using long-lasting and durable materials like extruded aluminum or cast.
Compliance with the local municipality:
Apart from the MUTCD rules and regulations, it is also mandatory to comply with the guidelines of your local municipality while installing and using the street signs within your community. Most of the US cities will have their own needs for street signs. So, make sure to follow these points before you get to personalize one for your community or street area. The more you research, the better choices will come your way.